From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-06 03:02:03

Joel Eidsath wrote:

> What is the status of the TR1 math special functions in regards to
> standardization, etc.? As I recall, there were problems in the TR1
> specification as far as error boundaries go.

Special math have been "standardized" as part of Libary TR1, which is
now an official ISO standard - i.e. the work is finished bar processing
the defect reports.

For C++0x, all of TR1 has been adopted, with the exception of the
special math functions. There was a major concern with cost of the
feature outside the Library group. And note that cost goes beyond
simply implementing the library - at least one vendor mentioned that if
they were given an implementation free of charge they still could not
afford it, due to increased testing/QA costs.

--
AlisdairM