From: Jeremy Day (jeremy.day_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 09:24:48

Pavel,

On 8/9/06, Pavel Vozenilek <pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Looking at the code - it is also possible to find out the
> exact type of thrown exception without rethrow
> (by trying dynamic_cast<> in ordered way).

This would be possible if you catch something like std::exception&, but not
if the error thrown is an exception not rooted in std::exception or if it is
some other type, such as std::string.

I do not know how these approaches would compare
> in cost and side-effects on debuggers.

Neither do I.

Anyway, this library may have special handling
> for Emil Dotchevski's boost::exception
> - the handler for this would be always
> the last one checked.

The thing that I like about this little library is that what you handle and
how you handle it is entirely up to the client code. if you want to handle
Emil's excellent exception stuff you just add the functionality to your
exception visitor and to the type list.

Jeremy