From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 12:22:08

Joh Maddock tells me you are concerned that the maxdigits_10 magic formula
doesn't work with base other than 2.

This is obviously entirely true, but decimal based C++ as rare as hens
teeth?

So it is seems hardly worth an extra test of numeric_limits<>::radix in
every invocation of lexical_cast that I fear cannot be optimised away until
C++0X hits the streets (and can be relied upon in every compiler).

(Unless if can be done with a macro - but then there is a problem with it
being standard).

So I'd leave a comment, and put the problem in the 'too difficult' drawer
for now?

Thanks for your work on this nonetheless.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]

|  >|