From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 09:19:29

Chill, man chill - your imagination is wonderfully out of control!

You've obviously missed all the previous equally over-heated arguments ;-)

This makes NO pretence at *any mathematical meaning at all*,

but the *signbit* remains a potentially valuable bit that can be used for
User Defined Purposes,

(as can all other NaN bits that have no math meaning either)

most obviously to indicate membership of the set of missing values ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]