From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-31 04:50:36

"Deane Yang" <deane_yang_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Andy Little wrote:
>>
>> One way or another, presenting Maxwells Equations in the form of physical
>> quantities is a goal of Quan.
>

> This is a worthy goal. As a biased modern differential geometer, my view
> is that this would be a lot easier if you were to write Maxwell's
> equations with respect to the Minkowski space-time metric and using
> differential forms. A lot of stuff fits together in a more logical
> consistent fashion when you do this.

Well the real goal is to *somehow* model electric and magnetic fields, and
similarly for aerodynamics in 3D space, or at least to make some very simple
approximations to the reality.
Though actually FWIW I'll probably limit my horizons to just a quan::complex for
the moment :-)

>> Of course whether it has a practical use is another matter :-)
>>

> Yeah, but who cares? I like the spirit.
>
> But this is probably waaaaay off topic for this newsgroup.

Not IMO. linear algebra isnt much use without some applications.

regards
Andy Little