From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-04 18:04:51

Hi Paul,

> | After a multi-year hiatus,
>
> it is good to see this interesting proposal refined and documented.

Thanks for the support - I think we'd all like to have a functional
units library. The Darwinian model
for open source obviously works best when there's some competition...

> 1 It would be helpful to avoid having to build everything to see the
> output.
>
> So it would be nice to have sample output appended as a long comment

I've added comments with the expected output to the end of the source
files.

> 3 A quick failed attempt to build suggests that the folder /utility is
> missing?

Sorry - everything but unit_example_1.cpp should compile as is. I was
including a utility
header that demangles gcc typenames to make them somewhat more
readable. I'm attaching
a fixed version of unit_example_1.cpp and a new header utility.hpp to
be put in the mcs/units
directory that factors out the demangling code. Demangling only works
on gcc at this point, FYI.

> 4 I also note the license is not Boost - this would of course be
> essential,
> but hopefully only requires some editing.

Naturally, if and when we get to the point where that matters, I'm
happy to change it.

> 5 Meantime I am RTFM ;-)

Fixes are in the Vault - I've also separated out the files into
documentation and source to
let me update them separately. Please keep the feedback coming...

Cheers,

Matthias