From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-10 12:12:20

That's the obvious place.

I don't think anything is dependent upon pointer size - as pointers
themselves are not stored.

I suspect the problem will be when using integers - I would expect the sizes
of these to change when moving to 64 bit platforms. After all size_t is an
integer. If it were me I would just forget it. The best would be to just
convert the binary archives into portable binary archives or something else.
That is, if you want portability - don't use binary archive which optimized
for speed.

Robert Ramey