From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 12:48:09

On 9/14/06, Giovanni Piero Deretta <gpderetta_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A continuation can be restored multiple times, and this behaviour is
> for example used to implement back button handling (the continuation
> relative to the previous page state is saved, so it can be restored
> when the previous state is reloaded).
>
> I do not see how this could be implemented with coroutines
> automatically unless coroutines where deepcopy-able (you could copy a
> coroutine and then resome that copy). Unfortuantely it is not feasible
> to make deep copies of them in the current language.

I don't understand what you mean by "automatically" . Also why is not
feasible
to make deep copies ? I don't know enough to understand that the back
button results in full continuations and the other cases don't.

As far as i can see, this is the only place where the 'fullness'
> aspect of web continuations is used. If you can handle the back button
> problem in some other way or simply ignore the problem, then
> coroutines are a good way to implement web continuations.

>From reading "Revisiting Coroutines", I thought full continuations could
be created from coroutines, not just partial continuations but I must be
mistaken.

 http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Web+continuations
See the section on "Different continuation handling models" for info
on how rife does this to fully support the back-button