From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 13:39:08

"Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:

>>> No, it's not. An argument pack is an MPL sequence, but a
>>> parameters<> instantiation is not.
>>
>> Oh, I see. What would you use that capability for?
>
> I'd use it for the generic object construction utility I sent mail
> about a few days ago. The constructor parameters for facade<Object>
> should be the constructor parameters for Object, plus any additional
> parameters facade<> might need. So I need to be able to manipulate
> Object's parameters<> at compile time.

So essentially, you need to construct a new parameters<>
specialization with additional -- or fewer -- ParameterSpecs?

I think it's a fine idea, but I have to say, we're up to our eyeballs
in work to do on the parameter library right now. So I guess you
should either put it in the tracker for later, or as ever, contribute
a most welcome patch.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting