From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-05 23:11:51

shams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Regarding SVN:
>
> I am confused because hasn't traditionally libraries prior to
> proposal/submission developed/available in the boost sandbox
> first?

Not really. Many of the projects start out entirely separate from the
sandbox, or the regular SF CVS. The sandbox CVS is a relatively new,
with respect to how long Boost has been around. I know 4 years doesn't
seem new to some :-) But Boost has been around for at least 7 years now
<http://boost.org/more/version_history.html>.

> So what is the exception in this case?

Google :-) Mostly it was the better permission control, ease of use, and
integration that Trac provides. We needed a repository the students
could use without others possibly getting in their way.

> Or is Boost trying to move to SVN from CVS.

Irrespective of the above... Yes Boost is also trying to move to SVN.

> Thanks

Welcome :-)

Note: I'm not endorsing SVN as a good revision control system.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything