From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-06 16:46:11

"Lubomir Bourdev" <lbourdev_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Only the last ones have corresponding models. Although in theory one could
> represent things like video, 3D or lightfields as N-dimensional constructs,
> there are no existing models for them nor algorithms that take them.
>
> So one thought I have been toying with is removing the N-dimensional concepts
> until we end up needing them.
> Or maybe even removing the 2D concepts?
>
> That will cut down on the documentation with virtually no change in the code.
> Thoughts?

Well FWIW the transform code you showed looks quite interesting, but I would
guess that you should use 4 x4 matrices. This would allow arbitrary 3D
transformation of the Points in the Image (perspective, rotation round the x and
y axes, assuming the image is in the xy plane), to interpolate them into 3D.

regards
Andy Little