From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-23 18:24:30

pdaengr_at_[hidden] wrote:
> I need to run some of the boost dlls on a PDA (Windows Mobile 5.0). Do I
> need to compile them with a different switch or with a different version of
> bjam or anything like that?

I've been testing Boost with eVC++ 4.0 and some headers-only libraries
work well (any, smartptr, etc.).
Visual C++ 8.0 supports C++ much better than eVC++ 4.0 so theoretically
it should be possible to compile.
But there is still a problem with...incomplete C library.
There are many missing C library functions on Windows CE-based
platforms (no localtime, time, asctime and more functions, no errno
object and related functions).

Here is my small package with implementation of some of these functions:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex

So, I'm inclined to say many Boost libraries will need to be
ported/patched and many will be unusable.

> I've compiled the dlls with with VC8 on Windows XP. Would these versions of
> the dlls run on Windows Mobile?

No.

Cheers

--