From: Chris Thomasson (cristom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 18:50:00

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Chris Thomasson wrote:
>> "Anthony Williams" <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

[...]

>> I could adjust the logic of my algorithm so that it behaves exactly
>> like that...
>
> I implemented a variation of your algorithm

[...]

> However I'm getting worse performance out of it compared to my other
> prototype on a dual core Pentium D on Windows. I also tried to separate
> the
> blocked readers and blocked writers and only unblock one writer at a time.
> No change in performance.

How does the original algorithm compare to yours? Also, how many
reader/writer threads are you using, and how many writes do you perform on
average, 'per-writer-thread', lets say every 3 or 4 seconds?

> Maybe I've made a mistake somewhere. :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/msg/747ea4666afc6826

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/msg/b32bd6781aa6108b

;^)