From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-25 04:44:10

Chris Thomasson wrote:
> "Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>some of you might like this pattern - it might be even practical at
>>places...
>>Maybe it's new, at least I couldn't find anything about it on the web.
>

> check this crap out:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++.moderated/msg/1aae5ddf7dbd5527

I'll give it a read once I have some time in one piece.

But it seems I have to make one thing clear: I wasn't talking about the implementation (the techniques I used are *not* new at all) -- I was talking about having named parameters for macros (I'm just applying some of the "black magic" spread by Paul Mensonides to real world use cases)!

If you are interested in pushing the computational limits of the preprocessor you really should have a look at Paul's library (if you don't know it aleady ;-).

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chaos-pp

Chaos provides a framework to write fully reentrant, generic algorithms within the preprocessor, which is pretty amazing IMO.

Regards,

Tobias