From: Bernhard Reiter (ockham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-25 06:52:13

Am Dienstag, den 24.10.2006, 20:40 -0500 schrieb Rene Rivera:
> Jose wrote:
> > The SOC project is for a memory container not a disk one
>
> Not strictly true. The SoC project is for consistent algorithms and
> concepts for any kind of tree. The idea is the same as for the current
> STL algorithms, of working with any form of container.

Admittedly, there isn't much B-tree related code in the repository yet;
to the not-so involved, the current strategy is having a b_tree adaptor
wrap around a multiway_tree adaptor wrapping around an nary_tree, and
all that's there as of yet are some experiments implementing the latter
two. The idea is, however, providing common bases to different
applications (a B-tree, like a B*-tree, both being multiway trees) such
that this framework maps relations between different trees somewhat
consistently.

That said, any contributions re the "disk" part would be very welcome,
as I don't have any experience with all the locking/invalidating
necessary. I was hoping this was/could be made a pure allocator issue,
but I'd be glad if anybody enlightened me if there're obstructions to
that approach.

Bernhard