From: Jason Hise (0xchaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-27 07:01:10

> It doesn't seem that such an iterator would be used nearly often
> enough to warrant inclusion into boost. People generally either need
> a std::back_inserter or simply the container's forward iterator, not a
> combination of the two. Perhaps if you could provide several use
> cases, this iterator would seem more valuable and not an iterator
> which is used only in your specific project.

I assumed that needing to modify a value found earlier in a stream
based on a value found later in a stream would not be such an unusual
thing. Perhaps I was wrong. Is there a better way to approach this
problem? I would prefer not to have to flag the values as I encounter
them and then iterate over the entire container again to find them.

My use case specifically is for an assembler, where I want to output a
sequence of byte codes, but remember certain locations which are jump
commands so that I can fill in their jump addresses as I encounter
their corresponding labels.