From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 14:08:58

loufoque wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> What about an interface similar to SAX, where the user provides a set
>> of handlers, one per type, and then the reader calls the appropriate
>> one ?
>
> This is a discussion about the interface for a Pull parser.
> You're talking about a Push one.

No I'm not; at least, I don't think I am. :-)

The user still has control over how the reader advances from one token
to the next, since it is the user who calls 'next()' (or however it will
be spelled). A push parser would be one where you call a single 'run'
method and then the parser dispatches tokens (embedded into events).

I don't think the fact that my design involves a dispatch qualifies it
as push. Compare this to a visitor to resolve the token's type.

Regards,
                Stefan