From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-01 02:46:33

Matt Gruenke wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>
>> I agree. And to me "pixel-format" is unknown, confusing and inaccurate.
>> The worst of the worst. It's like calling a std::vector a data-container
>> just because the std::vector does not quite follow the "classical" term
>> of vector. Let's not be too pedantic.
>>

> I'm not sure that's a good analogy. In what ways are you suggesting
> vector an inaccurate description of that container?

I do not want to digress but look up the definition of "vector"
in a dictionary and you'll see _overloaded_ meanings, and those
meanings were invented before computer science.

Ok, I've had enough bike-shed debates. As I said, I'll leave
it up to the authors to do the right thing.

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com