From: Daniel Wesslén (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-01 03:41:03

Michael Fawcett wrote:
> Perhaps of interest, NVIDIA has a Timer Function Performance test app
> that shows the performance of various timing methods. I have no clue
> if the benchmark is written well, but speed of the actual timing
> function may be of interest to some users as well as its precision.
>
> http://developer.nvidia.com/object/timer_function_performance.html

For what it's worth, I tried running the test on a dual processor Xeon,
a dual core Athlon 64, and a single core Celeron D. In all cases was
QueryPerformanceCounter the slowest by at least a factor 5 to the
closest. GetTickCount was the fastest, and timeGetTime and the Pentium
counter traded places in the middle depending on computer.

--
Daniel Wesslén