From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-01 10:30:15

Anthony Williams wrote:

> OK, I'll provide a generic implementation of my algorithm.... Attached.

Since you are obviously deviating from the current interface (although
I thought we agreed that we leave everything as is for the moment), may
I kindly ask you to put together a short description or prototype of
the planned new interface?

The current implementation partly is so much unreadable because Bill
tried hard to express common behavior (try and timed) by means of
templates instead of inheritance. Are you planning to mimic this?

Also you are providing scoped_read_lock, scoped_write_lock but no
scoped_read_write_lock. Is my assumption correct that you renamed this
to scoped_upgradeable_lock?

Thank you,
Roland