From: Todd English (Todd.English_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-02 14:24:15

While trying to use the program_options library I have hit two obstacles
that make the library unusable for my purposes. I'm writing to the group
to solicit possible solutions/work around and to suggest library
enhancements.

Both of my issues are with the libraries ability to parse a config file.
In general I feel that if an option is available to the
basic_command_line_parser then there should be a corresponding options
for config files. Two specific examples that I have run into are:
* I'm able to specify an extra_parser for the command line parser but
not the config file parser.
* I'm able to tell the command line parser to allow unknown options but
I can't tell the config parser to do so.

There doesn't appear to be a basic_config_file_parser class (the
corollary to the basic_command_line_parser class). From a library users
perspective, it would be nice to have that class because I instinctively
assume it to be there and that it would have a similar interface and
functionality to the basic_command_line_parser class [note - I would be
willing to work with the author on a solution to this if s/he is amiable
to this].

Does any one know of a workaround to those obstacles listed above? If
not, can anyone recommend another library to me?

Thank you for your help and time,
Todd English