From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-04 03:21:37

Joe Gottman wrote:
> Since many applications depend on case-insensitive searches, it might be
> a good idea to define a hash object ihash that converts an input string to
> lower case before calling the standard hash function on it. It could be
> used with the is_iequal predicate from the string algorithm library in
> hash_sets, hash_maps, etc.

I'm going to have one in the examples for the unordered associative
containers. If there's interest in making this part of boost proper I
suppose that's a possibility. You can see the example on the page at:

http://daniel_james.fmail.co.uk/unordered/hash_equality.html

The code on that page hasn't been tested yet, so there's a good change
that it contains embarrassing bugs.

An official version would need to be made generic and work with locales.
I didn't do this, as I wanted to keep it simple, but I could include a
full-featured version as well.

Daniel