Boost logo

Boost :

From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-07 01:14:24

I'm currently re-reading all of your postings and reviews related to GIL
and will post the official announcement by the middle of this month.

In the mean time, I am pleased to announce that the GIL graphics library,
developed by Lubomir Bourdev and others at Adobe, has been accepted
as a boost library. Thanks to those who submitted reviews; your opinions
matter and will assist the GIL developers to improve the library even
further.

Ideally, a Boost review should include comments from a
wide variety of developers, including those with deep domain expertise.
We got that in this review, which is very encouraging.

A number of issues were brought up in the review, many of which were
very technical in nature, requring a deep knowledge of color theory,
not something many of us have. Many other issues related to the design
of the library and the unusual documentation style were discussed. I will
try to summarize these issues in my "review manager" report which will
follow in a couple of weeks. Thanks again to all involved.

Tom Brinkman
Review Manager

Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk