From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-09 07:39:16

Johan Råde wrote:
> John,
>
> Could you test the latest version (ver. 13) of my fpclassify library?
> It is available in the vault in the directory Math-Numerics.
>
> The library is based on a helper class fp_traits<T> that contains
> information about the binary representation of T.
> Here T = float, double or long double.
> The generic version of fp_traits<T> is initialized at run time,
> and is hence safe but also slow.
> Then there are fast specializations of fp_traits<T> for different
> floating point types T, operating systems and processors.
>
> The library does not use the limits and boost/endian.hpp headers.
>
> The library has been tested on the following platforms:
>
> Win / MSVC 7.1 / x86
> Mac / GCC 3.3, GCC 4.0 / ppc
> Linux / GCC 3.3 / x86, x64, ia64, ppc, hppa, mips, m68k
>
> Let's see if you can break it!

OK :-)

HP testdrive is down at present, so I can only test on Win32:

Intel 8 and 9 pass, but Intel 7 fails:

$ icl -GX -I.. -I../../release/boost -Ox *.cpp
Intel(R) C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 7.1 Build 20040309Z
Copyright (C) 1985-2004 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
test.cpp
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8447
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

-out:test.exe
test.obj

John Maddock_at_fuji /cygdrive/c/data/boost/fpclassify/test
$ ./test.exe
Testing float
Assertion failed: !(isinf)(x), file test.cpp, line 242

abnormal program termination

I'll try again on the testdrive machines later.

John.