From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-09 11:16:31

Andy said: (by the date of Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:57:31 +0000 (UTC))

> > Thanks Sebastian,
> >
> > The file I downloaded was GUIDv3.zip, as I couldn't find anyother (did
> > I go to the wrong place: boost-consulting.com/vault ?).

GUID which stands for Global Uniqie IDentifier is already in boost.
Why include a second one? If you want to work on this, then better
improve the existing one.

For the beginning, it can be separated from lirbary
boost::serialization (it is an extended_type_info):

http://boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/extended_type_info.html

In fact it is already a separate module (because it makes testing much
simpler), so the separation will just make things more formal, and
involve just changing namespaces.