From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-09 12:07:56

Andy Little wrote:
> VC7.1 tested. Several examples don't compile. Get these messages
> below------->.

I'm aware of that. You need VC8 to see all examples compile (I think it's a very bad idea to clutter examples with workarounds, BTW).

> (Other examples compile ok. OTOH is result_of_example not
> actually just a test?)

Well, yes and no. It's the "official" Boost.ResultOf test modified to use the reimplementation, which is an example of FunctionTypes.

All examples are also built by the 'test' Jamfile to (in case of Boost-acceptance) have them show up in the regression matrix. This way, a user can see whether a particular example is supposed to compile with a certain compiler or not.

> Also get following warning Not sure if its from function types lib or cl:
>
> ATTENTION: /Gd /Gr /Gz compiler options will not
> ATTENTION: work with this configuration.
>
> Seeing as I have no choice other than to select one of these... I am amused.

Good point. This message should be changed to state

a) that the current configuration won't work with these compiler options,
b) how to suppress the message, and
c) that you should reconfigure the library if you intend to use these compiler options.

Thanks for pointing me at it.

Regards,

Tobias