From: Juergen Hunold (hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-09 16:09:44

Hi Gennadiy !

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 21:14, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> "Juergen Hunold" <hunold_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > But not Jamfile.v2
>
> Yes. That's right. I know nothing about Boost.Build V2 and never
> supported second file.

Ok.

> You also need to use <dll>... instead of <lib>.... I think

As Volodya mentioned, V2 takes care of thos details...

> > My main questions:
> > - Is it really necessary to have two different setup method for
> > Boost.Test ? One for shared and one for static linking ?
>
> In short - yes

Okay. It's mostly Win32 dll linking which messes things up.
Nothing we can do about that.

> > - can we provide a (maybe special) target which will automagically
> > provide a "main" when linking to the shared libraries ?
>
> Please read above and let me know if your questions still persist.

I've read your draft and it contains much more information than the
current docs.
But I'm still confused which macros I have to use for which use-case.
I think that a small table and some minimal examples (tests?) would be
much more helpful than long explanations.

I'll think and do some experiments over the weekend.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57  ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH