From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-11 17:21:59

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Nicola Musatti wrote:
[...]
> We did do that for BBv2, or I should say mostly Volodya has done that.
> BBv2 has had releases now for more than 3 years
> <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7586&package_id=80982>.
> And has seen most of it's use outside Boost for those 3 years.

I'm aware of that and I can imagine the amount of work that went into
it. However it looks like it was integrated into Boost and used to
replace v1 way to soon. As it is the impression is that the price of
this integration is being paid by all those that are cooperating in
trying and complete 1.34 . Even this wouldn't be so bad had it taken
place right after 1.33.1 (or 1.34, for that matter) was released.

As it is completing the switch when the release is some six months
behind of schedule is only going to cause further delays. Moreover the
fact that this switch had actually started many months ago - witness
Dave Abrahams stating that he stopped updating v1 Jamfiles long ago - is
just additional indication that this has been badly mishandled.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti