From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-13 14:45:14

David Abrahams wrote:

> Finally, a design note: I don't like the fact that I need a try/catch
> block in order to adorn the currently-unwinding exception with more
> information; it's just too heavy syntactically. I realize it would
> require TLS for thread-safety, but I'd like to see an option that uses
> the destructor of a local object to do the same work.

It isn't clear how do you think this should work. Your TLS remark implies
that the information would be stored separately from the exception object
itself, but as you very well know, more than one exception can be active at
a time. Moving the catch clause to a destructor doesn't seem an improvement
to me.