From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-14 03:44:03

On 11/13/06, Sohail Somani <s.somani_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]

While it is likely that most compilers will do whole program
optimizations in the future and be able to reorder across compilation
units, I think that it is extremely unlikely that compilers will ever
reorder instructions in pure assembly modules. First of all because to
do whole program optimization they need special data produced during
compilation (that assembler modules lack), and also because they would
render assembler programming useless. IMHO of course.

--
Giovanni P. Deretta