From: Trent Nelson (tnelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-15 08:43:21

> I need to write a multithreaded http server: I'm running multiple
calls to
> io_service::run from a pool of threads but it looks that if my session
> object takes a lot of time to generate the http response the server
block
> any accept operation until the session has finished...

Just to expand your possible options, have you looked into the C Apache
Portable Runtime (APR) library? Granted it's not very boost or C++
like, but it has quite a robust multithreaded API for handling all sorts
of things you'll want to do for writing a HTTP server (that you could
then wrap in C++ classes).

        Trent.