From: Juergen Hunold (hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-15 15:37:42

Hi Volodya !

On Monday 18 September 2006 09:21, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> the libs/test/test/Jamfile has the following code:
>
> test-suite "prg_exec_monitor_test"
>
> : [ test-btl-lib run-fail : prg_exec_fail1 ]

Which is currently failing at my WinXP machine when I run the test by
hand.

> When I look at regression test results:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/joyut
>
> I don't see any mention of those four tests. Anybody knows what's
> wrong?

I think I've traced this down to
tools/regression/xsl_reports/xsl/v2/common.xsl
( or the same filename one directory up, I don't know which xsl script
are used at the moment...)

At line 148 there is a XSLT function "meta:is_test_log_a_test_case"
which is obviously used to test whether a test_log is a valid test
case.
Unfortunately, the current version only checks for
-compile
-compile_fail
-run
-run_pyd

The three remaining test categories are missing:
- link (used by asio test in HEAD, after a short grep...)
- link_fail (unused)
- run_fail (used by Boost.Test tests.)

So at least four tests are falling off the radar right now...

The attached patch should solve the problem.
Warning: untested, as I've just copy & edited the text and have to
figure out how to create the test summary page myself.

It would be nice if someone from metacomm could comment on this...

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57  ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH