From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-16 07:00:44

berserker_r <berserker_r_at_[hidden]> wrote: > Christopher Kohlhoff wrote: > > What OS are you using? Is the session's work CPU bound? > > I'm on Windows XP, Great, that confirmed what I suspected was the cause of the problem. > sry but I can't understand what you mean with the second > question... "CPU bound" means that the thing that the code doesn't perform any blocking I/O or other operation that might cause the thread to sleep for a time. Anyway, I have just committed a fix to CVS head for this. If you want to patch your own copy with a temporary fix, make the following change to asio/detail/win_iocp_io_service.hpp: // Constructor. win_iocp_io_service(asio::io_service& io_service) : asio::io_service::service(io_service), - iocp_(::CreateIoCompletionPort(INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, 0, 0, 0)), + iocp_(::CreateIoCompletionPort(INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, 0, 0, ~0)), outstanding_work_(0), interrupted_(0), shutdown_(0) Cheers, Chris