From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-16 17:46:16

My framework for incremental statistical accumulation is ready for
review. Here is the overview:

> Boost.Accumulators is both a library for incremental statistical computation as well as an extensible framework for incremental calculation in general. The library deals primarily with the concept of an accumulator, which is a primitive computational entity that accepts data one sample at a time and maintains some internal state. These accumulators may offload some of their computations on other accumulators, on which they depend. Accumulators are grouped within an accumulator set. Boost.Accumulators resolves the inter-dependencies between accumulators in a set and ensures that accumulators are processed in the proper order.

The documentation is available online at:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/accumulators/doc/html/index.html

The download is in the Boost Vault in accumulators.zip at:

http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?directory=Math%20-%20Numerics

This library is very much a complement to John Maddock's work on his
statistical functions, which could be adapted to fit into this framework.

If anybody wants the docs in PDF format, please send me a request. It's
a 10 Mb file, and the Vault won't take it.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting