From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-22 12:44:17

> BOOST_CXX0X_CONCEPTS: concepts (not yet accepted)

This is slightly off-topic but it does bring up something that has been
bothersome to me for some time.

Suppose that I had a library which used the new concepts. Then
I wrote a few tests to demonstrate the usage of and verify
the specification of of the concepts. Then I add the tests
to the Jamfile. Now I have a bunch of tests run on all compilers
many of which don't support the new concepts. In an
attempt to make the testing faster and more useful, I tweak
the Jamfile so that these tests are run only with the compilers
for which such tests are useful. That doesn't work very well
as the test tools name vary quite a lot. gcc, mingw, ... etc

What I need is a connection between the config tests and
a particular set of tests - something like

if "test for presense of new concepts passes"
then
    "run these tests"

Maybe this is in the new v2 somewhere.

Robert Ramey