From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-23 02:42:48

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] on behalf of David Abrahams

[begin quote]

> - I'm not too fond of the usage of "*nix", especially not in headers - why
> not "Unix variants" or similar. Just my personal opinion, though.

Just going with someone else's suggestion who was unhappy with
specific mentions of unix. I'm open to whatever people decide is most
comfortable.

[end quote]

I've been asked if I'm talking about a basketball team when I talk about *nix! So +1 for Unix variant from me. By the way, good document.

I think it would be very useful to have a section (or separate document?) on how to incorporate boost into your project's build / source control. Currently I use "vendor branches" as described in the subversion book. I'm not sure of a better way myself :) I think this question came up elsewhere last week as well.

Sohail