From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-23 18:34:38

ben_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Using lexertl in Wave seems like a very nice first step to
> getting the library accepted into boost. How would I go
> about doing this?

To make it easy I wrote the C++ lexer based on lexertl (fitting into Wave)
and changed the list_includes sample in Wave
(libs/wave/samples/list_includes) to use it. It's in the Boost CVS::HEAD.

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it working correctly (I probably got
some of the regex's wrong - I just copied them over from the Slex lexer). I
had a very hard time to figure out, which of the token definitions made the
lexertl library choke (I've got some nasty assertions from the VC8 debug
STL). And even after removing the offending regex token definitions, I got
errors from the test (see below). Would it be possible to improve debug
support for the library?

In any case I'm not blaming lexertl, all errors are mine :-P - Writing the
lexer itself was a simple task.

To make testing of the lexer itself a bit easier I added a selfcontained
test: libs/wave/test/testlexers/test_lexertl_lexer.cpp, verifying the
correctness in the context of Wave. This test is a good starting point for
debugging.

Anyway I checked my current state into the CVS, just in case somebody wants
to take over.

Regards Hartmut