From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-27 15:15:34

On 11/27/06 4:13 AM, "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Daryle the attached patch fixes the test for VC7.
>
> It also fixes most of the VC6 issues, but leaves me with an internal
> compiler error inside Boost.Test that I can't fix at present (But see
> below).
>
> I've had a look at Borland, but I've not been able to completely fix the
> errors, they're related to Borland not supporting member template friends,
> so your integer wrapper classes don't compile. Consequently I've disabled
> the UDT tests for compilers that define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS,
> this has the effect of fixing the VC6 internal error as well.
>
> That means with the patch applied, VC6, 7, 7.1, Borland-5.8.2, and gcc-3.4
> all pass the test.
>
> So... OK to commit?

Is this for the 1.34 branch or the HEAD, or both? (Vladimir copied the HEAD
version to 1.34.)

Looking at the diff, I noticed that you conditionally replace the custom
types with (unsigned) long. The point of those types is to use non-built-in
types with or without numeric limits. If they can't be supported, then
those tests should be skipped completely, not substituted with (unsigned)
long.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie