From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-27 23:14:33

It seems that Martin linked to the boost libraries dynamically. The
example program might require the user to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
something equivalent (ld.so.conf on linux). It is entirely possible that
the user doesn't know about it. Either the document should mention that
LD_LIBRARY_PATH might need to be set or mention the rpath option of
bjam.

Although looking at
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html#id13 it
seems that the sample specifies linking statically so I'm not sure what
problems Martin was having.

Sohail