From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-29 16:38:38

Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> writes:

> All the *.hpp headers would be compiled by #inclusion, of course. I meant
> that any required *.cpp source files can be incorporated into a project
> however the user wants, without being forced to use some sort of "officially
> blessed" extra-lingual tool. (A non-Boost example would be the special
> preprocessor Qt uses.) All the Boost tools should remain secondary to the
> goals of providing C++ libraries. I don't want Boost.Python starting a
> "slippery slope".

I don't know what you're talking about. Boost has never (or at least,
not for many years) officially supported the approach you're
suggesting of "no separate compilation for all libraries", so
incompatibility with it is not a change or a start down a slippery
slope: we're already at the bottom of that slope. If the technique
worked for you, great; you've been lucky.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting