From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-01 12:18:46

John Maddock wrote:
> Andreas Huber wrote:
>
>> Ok, but that is enough to add your copyright, isn't it?
>
> I guess so yes, if it helps.

At least it helps to quash inspect failures ;-).

> But it doesn't really change things for anyone evaluating that file
> from a legal perspective, since the SGI copyright remains (as it
> must).

I'm no lawyer but from my point of view it does make a difference. For
example, the SGI license doesn't explicitly say that it doesn't give any
warranty regarding non-infringement. The Boost license does. So it seems
the SGI license is less "water-tight" and adding the Boost license makes
things clearer for people evaluating the files.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.