From: Martin Knoblauch Revuelta (mkrevuelta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-02 05:31:54

On 12/1/06, Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Martin Knoblauch Revuelta wrote:
> > [..]
> > A) Would you add Rank List to Boost?
>
> Looks nice to me -- seems like it would be useful.

Great :)

> How about
>
> C) add anything?
>
> 1) Should there be specializations of standard algorithms
> that use the internal functions?

Here comes the iterators tag issue: I have to take a look to some
implementations for list and vector. Depending on their implementation
we should:

  a) stick to the implementations for list

  b) implement specializations for rank_list (this might require a new
iterators tag, I guess)

  c) tag iterators as random access and use the algorithms of vector
(bad idea, see rationale)

> 2) Docs really need a tutorial section that shows how to use the
> container. I realize it's pretty much like using a vector, but still it's
> much easier to see that in a 10 line code snippet than reading thru long and
> boring docs.

That's a great idea. I knew I had to write more examples, but I think
that they will be much more useful if I explain them in the docs in
tutorial form.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,

Martin