From: Bryan Silverthorn (bsilvert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-04 12:40:35

Is there any mechanism in boost::signals that could provide notification
when a slot/connection dies (is disconnected)?

This functionality is needed to "chain" signals effectively. Imagine
wrapping an existing signal-based library with a signal-based interface
of some other type: a user connects to some signal on the wrapper, which
then connects to some corresponding signal in the inner library. If the
user disconnects from the wrapper's signal, the wrapper library would
like to disconnect its associated connection to the inner library
signal---but it has no way of knowing when the user's connection dies.

Am I missing some trick that would give me this functionality? Would a
patch implementing this functionality be accepted? Any suggestions for
such an interface?

--
Bryan Silverthorn <bsilvert_at_[hidden]>