From: Franck Stauffer (franck_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-05 07:35:17

On Dec 4, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Schrom, Brian T wrote:

> I'm interested in it. Also check out the example in the MDC in the
> vault.

Hi,

Which examples are you referring to?

Since there is some (minor) interest in such a library I uploaded a
small example of the implementation I use. It does not contain all
the integration routines, especially romberg and Monte-Carlo. Before
including those, I'd like to get feedback on how people would like to
be able to call such a library.

Right now it's tuned for my own usage, that's why I used template
classes and not just template functions.

The main design objective was to be able to use it on any functor
inheriting from std::unary_function and any predicate to decide when
the required quadrature precision is achieved. There are undoubtedly
a lot of room for improvements, but it should perform slightly better
than a typical numerical recipes in C algorithm while being a lot
more generic (and not involving static local variables ;-) ).

Here is the URL

http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~franck/quadrature.tar.gz

Feedback is most welcome, as I'd really love to have a unified,
coherent approach to achieving quadrature in C++.

Best Regards,

Franck