From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-06 04:18:12

Johan Råde wrote:

> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>> Johan Råde wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have time to test on the Alpha again?
>>> The code has changed quite a bit since you tested it.
>> Give me a few days and I will try to find the time...
>
> Thank you.
> I appreciate your help.

You're welcome. Here are the results.

fpclassify/test> cxx -model ansi -std strict_ansi -nopure_cname -ieee -O4
-I /vol2/boost/boost test.cpp && ./a.out

fp_traits<float>::type is specialized
fp_traits<double>::type is specialized
fp_traits<long double>::type is generic
sizeof(long double) = 16

Testing float
Testing double
Testing long double

Seems like all tests pass. I tried with all optimization level from 0 to 4.
I also tried with the command line 'cxx -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM -O -I
/vol2/boost/boost test.cpp -lm', meaning it also works in the default
compiler mode (ansi, and arm object model). You can't leave out -ieee as
the Alpha needs some special compiler help for conforming IEEE math
handling, the processor itself is only 'mostly conformant'.

Markus