From: Simon Atanasyan (atanasyan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-06 08:36:46

2006/12/6, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]>:
> Simon Atanasyan wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know why -library=stlport4 and -features=tmplife are not
> > turned on by default in the sunpro-tools.jam?
>
> I suppose because nobody has suggested this to be done.
>
> Next Boost release will be using Boost.Build V2, and the documentation for
> its sun.jam module will recommend using those flags. As for using them by
> default -- I don't know, I suppose there might be some reason why those
> options are not on by default in Sun compiler itself?

Some users still link with libCstd.2.1.1 - old version of std library.
Sometimes because they do not know about stlport4, sometimes because
they have third party binary code depends on libCstd.2.1.1. So if we
(at Sun) make -library=stlport4 is on by default these users have to
change their Makefiles. IMHO it's not the problem but ... Anyway a lot
of Boost code cannot be used without modern std library so if user
want to use Boost it has to use stlport4 and this option should be on
by default in Boost.

--
Simon Atanasyan