From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 06:06:27

Boris Gubenko wrote:

> As Markus pointed out, it is not the processor itself: one needs to
> compile -ieee in order to get full support of ANSI/IEEE Standard 754-1985.
>
> For your library, compiling with cxx on Tru64 without -ieee makes little
> sense. Likewise, on AlphaVMS, it should be compiled /float=ieee/ieee=denorm.
> On iVMS, i.e. VMS on ia64, the full support for IEEE features is on by
> default.

It should still be meaningful to use the library without -ieee.
If there are no infinities and no NaNs,
then the functions isinf and isnan should always return false.

> Where can I download your library and the inspect tool from? I'd like
> to try it on AlphaVMS and iVMS.

Great!

It is in the Boost Vault, http://boost-consulting.com/vault/, in the
folder Math-Numerics. The file is called fpclassify.zip.

Try both with and without /float=ieee/ieee=denorm,
and let me know the results.

--Johan