From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-08 16:37:57

I have had second thoughts about this matter,
and I have decided not to support the non-ieee mode.
Instead I will do a compile time assert.

The problem is that in the non-ieee mode,
float and double use a VAX FP format without denormals,
while long double uses an IEEE extended double precision format with
denormals.
Dealing with this is not that difficult,
but it would make the code more complex,
and you are encouraging your customers to use the ieee mode anyway.
I don't think it is worth the trouble.

--Johan