From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-10 13:36:15

David Abrahams said: (by the date of Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:10:51 -0500)

> Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> > Uhm, we're talking about IRC, not about a highly-paid helpdesk service.
>
> If we're going to advertise it, the link should point at a page where
> we describe what you can expect by subscribing (i.e. nothing: no
> moderation and not even anybody logged in).

good point. I wasn't sure about adding a new page, that's why I
pointed hyperlink to freenode. Should I write something up, and
attach the new webpage (file) to the existing tracker patch?

David Abrahams said: (by the date of Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:03:08 -0500)

> Janek Kozicki <janek_listy_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > I just picked the wrong name. Let's use the most descriptive one:
> > "Meta-Comm Snapshots"
> > But hey! Your link to "Web CVS" is useful too! Maybe we can it add also? :)
>
> It's already available on the page you get if you follow the "Boost
> CVS" link. Does it make sense to push that link up to the top level?
> It isn't really all that useful for most people browsing the site, I'd
> wager.

As you wish. I would put it there, because It's 3 clicks away from
the main page, and on each page it requires around 2 seconds to
search for the link to click. Whether this is ,,far'' or not - I don't know :)