From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 10:47:34

"Sohail Somani" <s.somani_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi David/other boosters,
>
> I'd like to suggest a couple of things if I may:
>
> - I'm not sure what encoding you are using to write the document,
> but quotes(?) show up funny in my browser (firefox on ubuntu
> eft).

I guess you mean edgy. I'm looking at it in Firefox on dapper and
it's fine.

> I've attached a shot of what they look like. Could be my setup.

I'm pretty sure it's the server where the file is being viewed.

Try http://boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html

What URL were you using?

> - The instructions seem to encourage building all variants of boost
> libraries by default. I think this would be the document to read if
> it also included instructions on how to only build the ones you
> were interested in.

The idea is to give the simplest possible instructions that will get
nearly everyone going. I think we need a follow-up document that has
all the details.

> Maybe just how to build the release variant (which is what a
> starter would be most interested in, I would think)

I wouldn't count on that. Also, unless building her own code with
-DNDEBUG, using the release variant could potentially cause ODR
issues.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting